The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, attended the National Conference on the theme “Agriculture-2022: Doubling Farmers' Incomes" organised at NASC Complex, Pusa, Delhi.
Seven thematic groups made presentations on the following subjects:
- Policy and Governance Reforms
- Agriculture Trade Policy and Export Promotion; Market Structure and Marketing Efficiency
- Value Chain and Supply Chain Management
- Science and Technology and Start-ups in Agriculture
- Sustainable and Equitable Development and Efficient Delivery of Services
- Capital Investment and Institutional Credit for farmers
- Promotion of Livestock, Dairy, Poultry and Fisheries as Engines of Growth
The Prime Minister appreciated the presentations. He also complimented the farmers of India, especially for the big jump in production of pulses.